- Reservations for La Galiniere Guest Cottages may be taken online, by email, telephone or in person. However, please note that reservations will only be considered to be confirmed if confirmation is made in writing by email and a deposit has been paid.
- Invoices will only be issued upon request.
- A 100% deposit is required to secure one-night bookings. A 50% deposit is required for reservations of two nights or more.
- Deposits are refundable up to seven days prior to anticipated arrival, less any applicable bank, credit card or administrative charges. A minimum cancellation charge of R50 applies. Cancellations made less than seven days prior to anticipated arrival, and no-shows, will result in forfeiture of any payments made.
- Payment for the full stay is required upon check-in. No refunds will be made for cancellations made after guests have checked in.
- Guests must settle any outstanding bills prior to departure. Payments are accepted by EFT, cash or credit card. Please note that for credit card payments, guests’ statements will show the vendor as ‘Paybridge Accommodation’.
- Use of special offers must be requested. Special offers cannot be combined.
Terms & Conditions
Rules & Regulations
To comply with national legislation, for the safety and comfort of all our guests and for the satisfaction and enjoyment of future guests, we would like to draw your attention to a small number of rules and regulations.
- In compliance with the 2002 Immigration Act, all guests are required to register upon arrival. Forms are provided in the cottages for this purpose. Please fill them in and hand them back to our Cottage Manager during your stay or leave them in the cottage upon departure.
- La Galiniere reserves the absolute right, at all times, to prevent admission or readmission to the farm, or to require immediate departure without notice, of guests, their friends and/or relatives.
- Only those guests that have booked and registered may stay in the cottages. Guests who wish to have friends or relatives visit them during their stay, must obtain permission from us in advance.
- Check-in is between 2:00pm and 5:00 pm. Guests who intend to arrive outside these times, must inform us in advance. This is not normally a problem, but failure to inform us in advance will result in a late check-in fee of R200 being imposed.
- La Galiniere is a working farm. As such, guests should be aware that there are machinery, tools, vehicles, chemicals and animals that put them and their families and friends at risk or in danger. La Galiniere Guest Cottages, owners and staff will not be held liable for any damage to persons or their property. For insurance purposes, we require that all guests sign the disclaimer.
- Our cottages are provided with safes. Guests are advised to use them as La Galiniere will not be held liable for any theft, loss or damage, howsoever caused.
- For security purposes, the farm has German Shepherd dogs that roam freely. They are not pets. Please do not feed them or, under any circumstances, allow them to enter the cottages.
- Smoking is prohibited in all cottages. Guests wishing to smoke must do so outside and use the ashtrays provided. Guests found to have been smoking in the cottages will be asked to leave immediately.
- The accommodation does not have staff on call 24 hours a day. If any assistance is required, guests should either visit the main house, or contact the owners or the cottage manager by telephone (telephone numbers are provided in the guest handbook). Please only call the owners between the hours of 5pm and 8am in an emergency.
- Guests use the swimming pool at their own risk. Children must be supervised at all times by an adult over the age of 18. Towels provided in the cottage bathrooms must not be taken out of the cottages.
- Each cottage is provided with a chemical fire extinguisher. Please familiarize yourself with its location. In the case of fire, please use the extinguisher only if it is safe to do so. We should be immediately informed in the case of any fire.
- The braai is available for guests to use. Only wood, charcoal and firelighters may be used.
- Guests should not disturb other guests with loud music or entertainment.
- All losses, breakages and damage caused to the cottages or their contents (furniture, equipment, etc.) must be paid for, whether such breakage or damage was as a result of an accident or caused deliberately. Guests will be charged replacement value for any broken, damaged or missing items.
- Objects left behind by guests will be kept for a period of three months. Should items not be reclaimed, then they will be disposed of. We are willing to return items to guests by mail, although postage costs will need to be paid in advance.